Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

To explain the situation.. I had a bunch of games and the like stolen. They were taken to our local GameStop in Indiana and were sold to them. The woman that sold the stuff was just sentenced but the judge did not order any restitution. My question is A: If I take here to small claims court which I have to pay $94.00 for can I make that part of the claim? B: Can I take or make GameStop responsible for any of the merchandise that was taken to them? Just for reference I will let you know that the time between the woman stealing the items and me noticing they had been stolen was around 5 hours. However I don't think Indiana has any laws on how long a pawn shop has to hold items before they sell them.

Kenneth Wilk Rubino Ruman Crosmer & Polen

If you purchase items in good faith, you are not liable for restitution. Put the claim in with your homeowners or renters insurance, which you should have. Forget the small claims idea--you're probably not going to recover much and you'll be out of pocket for the filing fee.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms