Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Indiana

I financed an engagement ring for my sisters ex. He didn't have enough credit for financing so I did it for him, just to be nice. I had his word verbally and have numerous texts saying he will continue to make payments. The bill is now 6 days past due and he is refusing to pay. I can't afford it, and now it's screwing up my once fabulous credit history. Is his word legally binding? Is there anything I can do? Is it worth seeking legal help for a $2200 ring? Thanks in advance!

Asked on 8/22/13, 9:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Rigdon Rockhill Pinnick LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, you can pursue him in small claims.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now