Iowa  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/20/06, 11:18 am

Possession of Alcohol as a Minor

My 18 year old daughter was charged with possession while sitting in a vehicle with a friend. They had not drank anything at that time but there was alcohol that she knew about in the car. If she cannot afford to pay a lawyer what options does she have to take care of this herself. Would a deferred judgement be a good option, can this be done by mail without appearing? Can she request community service instead of a fine?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search