Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

my ex lives in Arizona I live in iowa, im taking custody of my son do I need to file in Arizona or iowa to get custody, the divorce was originally granted and finialized in iowa...

Asked on 7/18/13, 9:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you're a legal resident of Iowa (1 year + intent to remain) then you can file here. If your ex decides to contest, and/or the child lives in Arizona it could be very complicated. Litigating at long distance is a difficult task, and if those things are the case you might be better off filing in Arizona. Either way, you do not want to try and tackle this without the aid of a knowledgeable attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 10:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now