Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kansas

my sons treatment center tried filing state medical card but cant because his biological fathers girlfriend has insurance on him but will not let me file it so i also can not file medical card. So I am going to be billed $18,000.00 dollars is there anything I can do

Asked on 7/24/13, 10:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the father is required to provide insurance coverage, you can direct him to authorize treatment under the girlfriends policy. If there is no support order, you as the mother, can probably cancel the boys coverage on her policy, thereby freeing your Son for other coverage. As the amount you could be charged is so high, you should consult directly with a family law practice attorney in your area. They can help you explore your options using more facts than you can provide here.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/26/13, 3:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now