Legal Question in DUI Law in Kansas

I was recently charged with a DUi. I was intuially stop for turning into the far lane when making a right onto a two lane street. I was told to get out and preform the files sobriety test. After Walton heal to toe and standing on one leg. He ask to take a breathalyzer test o which I refused. However, when we reached the station I completed the test an blew a .147. The police officer did mention that I signaled and wasn't speeding. The charges were a DUI, illegal right turn and refusal of a breathalyzer. What at the chance that the charge could be reduced in the state of Kansas

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you vigorously defend this charge, and there are corroborating evidence that there wasn'tsufficient cause to pull you over, you might be acquitted. But, if it is just your intoxicated recollection, it would be difficult. If your driving and criminal record is sufficient, you may be able to plead to lesser charges. I suggest that you consult directly with an attorney in your area. You were wise to seek general information here. Be smart and get legal advice specific to the facts of your case.

Good luck

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Kansas

Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessRiverside, San Bernardino & LA, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA