Kansas  |  Family Law

Son's father is trying to use friend/atty to tie me up in red tape me and take o

My ex (Never married) kicked my son and myself out of the house we were all living in (along with his grandmother, whom owns the house), and is having a lawyer who is a friend of the family use everything he can to trip me up in technicalities to take my son away from me. In the original agreement, we had visitation planned out as each of us would have the baby (6 months) every other weekend, and on weekdays, I would have him over night, and all day, and the father from 5:00-8:30 pm. The papers signed by the judge have no visitation schedual at all. He is now trying to take custody on basis of the smallest things, such as my not answering my phone when he calls several times a day, and not informing him of a move 30 days in advance, when this all started just two weeks ago. How can I fight him and his lawyer-friend and keep from losing custody of my son over a tiny detail?

Answered on: 3/29/05, 8:03 am by Bonnie Selby

Re: Son's father is trying to use friend/atty to tie me up in red tape me and ta

There are no "tiny details" in a custody/visitation court order. . .take note and comply with the orders, even tho u may think them trivial. Apparently a judge saw the orders as in the best interest of your child.

Bonnie J. Selby, Attorney at Law 1306 Grand Avenue Goodland, KS 67735