Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

My ex wife has not followed up on her requirement of removing me off of a credit card she was responsible for in the divorce. Now she has stopped payment to the cc company and they are threating me with garnishment. What can I do about this?

Rian Ankerholz Ankerholz and Smith

Your remedy will depend on the exact language of your divorce paperwork. You should be able to go back to court to get an Order compelling your former spouse to get your name off the account, or to close the account altogether. Your divorce paperwork may say that you are entitled to attorney fees for the additional work. You should also contact the credit reporting agencies and request to make a consumer statement on your file. That statement must be disclosed with any credit check.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas