Louisiana  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/07/08, 9:56 pm

Who could you sue in this case?

I am a civilian firefighter on an army base and while I was responding to a call, an armor plated Hum-V tried to make a U turn in front of us causing us to hit them. I had to have surgery on my knee and am out of firefighting for a year. Only the driver of the Hum-V was cited. Can I sue the army because it was a military vehicle or who can I sue?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/08/08, 7:55 am by David Hesser

Re: Who could you sue in this case?

The Federal Government can be sued pursuant to the Federal Tort Claims Act. I will be in Court today, but please feel free to call with your information and I can speak to you late today or tomorrow.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of David C. Hesser 4434 B Youree Drive Shreveport, LA 71301

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search