Legal Question in Business Law in Louisiana

commercial leases

I have small restaurant in a four suite building. My lease does not have provisions about the dumpster on the premises. First, should the land lord be responsible for trash pickup? Second, we had a verbal agreement they would take care of trash pickup, until my business was filling the dumpster up. I then verbaly agreed to pay for second pickup. Now my business has declined more than half. I wrote a letter to the landlord stating I would no longer pay for second pickup. Should I be able to refer back to the first agreement? Main question; legally if trash pickup is not in a written lease, would a land lord with four suites be liable for trash pickup?

Perry Staub Taggart Morton

Re: commercial leases

You should review the terms of your lease carefully, but as a general rule, trash pickup, like water, electricity and gas, is not included in the rent that you pay for occupancy of the leased premises.

More Business Law questions and answers in Louisiana

Business Law Legal Forms