Louisiana  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/14/13, 11:40 am

My father died intestate and left behind 2 children, my brother and myself, and our step mother. My step mother lost her usufruct over the estate over a year ago when she remarried. She has yet to settle the estate and seems to be dragging it out as long as possible. She has retained all of the assets (my father had under 20k in debts and over 200k in assets). She and her new husband are living in my fathers home who my brother and I have half interest in. We want to take a buy out for value and allow her to retain property how do we force her to settle without forcing sell of all items thru probate court? Do we have any options?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search