Maryland  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/23/01, 8:59 am

Mortgage Loan

In my husband's separation papers and divorce decree his ex-wife agreed in writing to take over the mortgage payments, which she has done for the past 3 years. She is currently renting the property and receiving all proceeds. At the time of the divorce, he was removed from the title. My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a new home and the lender is concerned that my husband's name is still on the loan,which is holding construction of our home up.She makes more money than my husband and the payments are not an issue for her. She too is interested in having him removed. Is there any legal documents we can have signed within the bank to remove him? If not, what process must he take to be removed?


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search