Legal Question in Criminal Law in Maryland

my fiance was sentenced to 30 days for DUI. He was given weekend jail time. His cellmate smoked a cigarette in the cell while he was sleep. The corrections officer told them both they are now doing their sentence straight time meaning not just on the weekends. Is this legal if he did nothing wrong?

Asked on 3/24/13, 6:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steven Scheinin Steven J. Scheinin, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The jail cannot change the sentence of the Judge. Contact a lawyer to file a writ of Hapeas Corpus.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/13, 6:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now