Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

how do I get my ex to continue to pay child support till our daughter graduates from high school

Asked on 9/18/13, 1:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your ex has been paying under a court order, he is obligated to pay until your daughter graduates, unless she turns 19 before then. If he's been paying voluntarily, and is resisting paying as the law requires, you can file a court petition for child support. If he is employed and gets a regular paycheck, you can get a court order requiring the employer to take the child support out of his paycheck and send it to you. Consult a family attorney for assistance.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now