Maryland  |  Family Law

I know that you need the courts consent before you can change visitation. My question is asking about the likelyhood of the court making a change.

Scenario- Mother has sole custody, father has visitation one day during the week and every other weekend. (If it matters, the father has little time for the child on his days and the step-mother is the one taking care of child).

Mother has met a man living in VA. They are planning on getting married. Guy in VA offers better lifestyle for mother and child as his income is a lot higher than mothers. Mother wouldn’t have to work and would be stay home mom.

Mother is willing to continue weekend visitations with dad and would like to supplement the one day during the week with extended summer vacation with dad.

Question – what are the chances that a judge would allow this? I know that no one knows exactly what will happen. Just looking for information based on previous similar cases.

Case would be in the Salisbury MD court.