Maryland  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/10/13, 9:05 am

My fiance went thru divorce where the agreement shows he is entitled to one of the handguns they owned (its in her name). The handguns were confiscated when the police were called to his ex's house and charges were placed on the ex's boyfriend for assault. The ex's boyfriends case has been dismissed; the ex is on probation for lying to an official, the guns are still with the state of md police. Can he take his ex to court to retrieve the gun?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/10/13, 9:36 am by Robert Sher

If the ex is able to regain possession from the police by an administrative request, he should ask her to follow through on that, and if she refuses, he could file a show cause petition in court to get the court to order her to do so.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wagshal and Sher 4824 Edgemoor Lane Bethesda, MD 20814

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search