Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I was just granted a divorce and the court order reads that I can go to the house, (owned 50% equally) to retrive my personal belongings on Saturdays between 10am-10pm. I have been to the house twice and he has refused me access. Now his lawyer is stating that I have to make arrangements with them first. However, the court order does not state that I call the attorney and get permission. He has changed locks and barricaded the front door. Question: can his lawyer change the court order to meet their criteria?

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher

No, but it is reasonable to construe the order as obligating you to at least give advance notice of your plans. At the same time, they must be reasonable in accommodating your schedule. You would not want him just showing up and potentially disrupting your activity if the situation were reversed.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland