Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I was just granted a divorce and the court order reads that I can go to the house, (owned 50% equally) to retrive my personal belongings on Saturdays between 10am-10pm. I have been to the house twice and he has refused me access. Now his lawyer is stating that I have to make arrangements with them first. However, the court order does not state that I call the attorney and get permission. He has changed locks and barricaded the front door. Question: can his lawyer change the court order to meet their criteria?

Asked on 3/20/12, 7:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Sher Wagshal and Sher
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, but it is reasonable to construe the order as obligating you to at least give advance notice of your plans. At the same time, they must be reasonable in accommodating your schedule. You would not want him just showing up and potentially disrupting your activity if the situation were reversed.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/12, 7:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now