Maryland  |  Tax Law

non-filer tax returns

The IRS created tax returns for me. Is it too late to file my own overdue returns with all the deductions I'm legally entitled to which will result in a much lower tax bill? I know I'll still have to pay the fines and penalties on what (if anything) I owe.

Answered on: 6/11/07, 11:43 pm by Robert Beatson, II

Re: non-filer tax returns

Generally no, it is not too late. Additional facts need to be developed to properly assess the tax/legal options and the most appropriate strategy available under Federal tax law and under MD state law. An experienced tax attorney in MD should be able to handle this type of matter and to protect the interests of the client. Please note that, in accordance with the MD Code of Professional Responsibility for Attorneys, a signed engagement letter is necessary in order to engage my legal services. If I can be of any help to you or people you know, contact me as I would be pleased to provide tax/legal support. Sincerely, Robert Beatson II, 6-11-2007, 11:45 p.m. EDT Law Offices of Robert Beatson II, 9818 Glynshire Way, Potomac, MD 20854 email: rbeatsonatty@netscape.net website: www.beatsonlaw.com Practice areas: Tax, business law, computer/high tech/biotech law, intellectual property, trusts/estates/wills, real estate, litigation, mediation. Licensed to practice law in: DC, MD, VA, and NY.

Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II 9818 Glynshire Way Potomac, MD 20854-2028