Legal Question in Tax Law in Maryland

I received a 1099-C from my credit card company for charge offs for ta x year 2012. The cards were actually charged off in 2008-2009. Can I file the additional income on my 2008-2009 taxes since that's when the charge offs occured and I haven't filed those years yet,

Asked on 2/16/13, 8:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Beatson, II Law Offices of Robert Beatson, II
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your matter will require careful review and analysis of the facts for each tax year. An experienced tax attorney should be able to handle this. 30+ years of experience and further information about my law practice is at

Please contact me if I can be of any help to you or people you know now or in the future. Please note that a signed engagement letter is required under the MD ethics rules applicable to attorneys in order for this law office to provide professional tax/legal services to you.


Bob Beatson, 3-2-2013, 11:10 p.m. EST


Law Offices of Robert Beatson II

9818 Glynshire Way

Potomac, MD 20854

Tel/Fax 301-340-2951

email: [email protected]


Practice areas: Tax, business law, computer/high tech/biotech law, intellectual property, trusts/estates/wills, real estate, civil litigation, mediation.

Licensed to practice law in: DC, MD, VA, and NY

ABA Member since 1980

Read more
Answered on 3/02/13, 8:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now