Massachusetts  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/08/13, 8:26 pm

My child is almost 14 and is refusing to o o her dads house anymore. She sys at 14 she does not have too, is this true? This is a very upsetting and confusion situation for her father and I?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/09/13, 12:07 pm by Christopher Vaughn-Martel

I think at the age of 14 it is probably better to take into consideration, to some extent, the wishes of your daughter. It may be a good time to explore therapy for her or for the family to make sure that issues are discussed in a healthy way. If there is some good reason that your daughter's visitation order should be modified, you may want to file a complaint for modification. This can be done together if you and the child's father are in agreement, or can come to some agreement.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

VAUGHN-MARTEL LAW 1180 Washington Street, Suite 101 Boston, MA 02118

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search