Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

My child is almost 14 and is refusing to o o her dads house anymore. She sys at 14 she does not have too, is this true? This is a very upsetting and confusion situation for her father and I?

Christopher Vaughn-Martel VAUGHN-MARTEL LAW

I think at the age of 14 it is probably better to take into consideration, to some extent, the wishes of your daughter. It may be a good time to explore therapy for her or for the family to make sure that issues are discussed in a healthy way. If there is some good reason that your daughter's visitation order should be modified, you may want to file a complaint for modification. This can be done together if you and the child's father are in agreement, or can come to some agreement.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts