Legal Question in Immigration Law in Massachusetts

Hi, My son is American Citizen and Iam Brazilian Citizen.

He can apply for me using the form I-130.

How long takes to be approved?Do I have to stay in Brazil to wait till been


Thank you.

Asked on 10/03/13, 9:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes to both questions. Your son can file the I-130 & then you can apply for your immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Brazil once the I-130 is approved (See:

Current processing times for the I-130 of an Immediate Relative are about 5 months.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Massachusetts

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now