Michigan  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/23/13, 9:56 am

Buying a 50% share from an “ABC” corporation who does the business as “XYZ” (and has 2 restaurants call XYZ restaurant ). Problem is that ABC Corp never filed to get “Certificate of Assume name” for XYZ. Can I still buy the share or asked “ABC” Corp. to file for DBA first before transferring the share

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/23/13, 10:11 am by Timothy Harden

You can do it either way, but I would recommend checking first to make sure that the assumed name is still available. If it is not, that would complicate the deal. It might be easier to complete the deal and file the Certificate of Assumed Name yourself, depending on the timing.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Rubenstein Isaacs, P.C. 2000 Town Center, Suite 1360 Southfield, MI 48075

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search