Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

My daughter received a dui in Iowa and now has a suspended license for 1 year in Iowa. She has only lived there for 6 months as does not have an Iowa license. She has a Michigan license which they did not take from her. Is she allowed to drive in Michigan?

Asked on 8/12/13, 2:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Neil O'Brien Eaton County Chief Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. Her privilege to drive is not a state-by-state privilege. You can only have one state's driver's license active at a time. But if another state imposes a suspension due to bad driving issues there, that state's conviction and suspension will be honored by Michigan.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now