Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

How can they do this?

How can I be charged with a DWI or a DUI if I wasn't in the vehicle? I was arrested for the first time ever for another reason, I drove to town for medical aid and was givin a breathalizer after the injuries were taken care of, the police turned around and followed me into a parking lot and confronted me while I was out of the vehicle, the same officer came to my house tonight and said that I would be charged with a driving while drunk infraction once the blood work was done, the night this took place I was never told about any kind of DUI or DWI. today is jan 1st, the night this happened was the early morning of Dec 19th.

Asked on 1/01/05, 10:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: How can they do this?

It sounds as though you were driving. The police don't have to actually see you driving to charge you with OWI. It may be a very difficult case for the prosecutor to prove. Please don't go in court unrepresented. Feel free to contact us for a free consultation. Eric I. Kutinsky, Esq. Call toll free at (866) M I C H - D U I

Read more
Answered on 1/02/05, 10:46 pm
Jesse Sweeney Sweeney Law Offices, P.L.L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: How can they do this?

You may have provided an admission that you drove while drunk, however it is not as easy to prove for the prosecution. You should hire counsel if you are able. Feel free to contact me - 248.569.1900.

Read more
Answered on 1/02/05, 8:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now