Michigan  |  DUI Law

How can they do this?

How can I be charged with a DWI or a DUI if I wasn't in the vehicle? I was arrested for the first time ever for another reason, I drove to town for medical aid and was givin a breathalizer after the injuries were taken care of, the police turned around and followed me into a parking lot and confronted me while I was out of the vehicle, the same officer came to my house tonight and said that I would be charged with a driving while drunk infraction once the blood work was done, the night this took place I was never told about any kind of DUI or DWI. today is jan 1st, the night this happened was the early morning of Dec 19th.

Answered on: 1/02/05, 10:46 pm by Eric I. Kutinsky

Re: How can they do this?

It sounds as though you were driving. The police don't have to actually see you driving to charge you with OWI. It may be a very difficult case for the prosecutor to prove. Please don't go in court unrepresented. Feel free to contact us for a free consultation. Eric I. Kutinsky, Esq. Call toll free at (866) M I C H - D U I

THE MICHIGAN LEGAL TEAM, P.C. 24460 Telegraph Rd Southfield, MI 48034

Answered on: 1/02/05, 8:10 am by Jesse Sweeney

Re: How can they do this?

You may have provided an admission that you drove while drunk, however it is not as easy to prove for the prosecution. You should hire counsel if you are able. Feel free to contact me - 248.569.1900.

Sweeney Law Offices, P.L.L.C. 29777 Telegraph, Suite 2500 Southfield, MI 48034