Michigan  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/05/13, 6:26 pm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MICHIGAN

We own a 2011 Chevy HHR, we purchased this April with 40,000 miles on it. About a month ago my husband took the car into the same dealership to get an oil change. The technician spilled oil on the manifold and attempted to clean it with brake cleaner, causing a fire in the engine.

The dealership, explained the situation; gave us a loaner vehicle, and went through the car; replacing several things and assuring we wouldn't have problems. Two weeks later the car began to overheat while we were out of town. We immediately called the dealership and they advised us to take it to a local dealership. The problem was pinpointed and thought to have been fixed. On the way home, it began overheating again. We brought it to the dealership that caused the fire. They have had it for three days and have not pinpointed the problem.

I am absolutely not comfortable with this vehicle anymore. Even if the problem is fixed, I do not have a good feeling that I will not be plagued with more issues later on.

What type of recourse do we have in this situation? What can we do to assure a reliable safe vehicle for my family?

Thank you.

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/06/13, 12:32 pm by Timothy Klisz

There are many counts against this dealership. Contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your options. Tim Klisz

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Klisz Law Office, PLLC 39111 W. Six Mile Rd. Livonia, MI 48152

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search