Michigan  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/03/11, 12:47 am

Does a spouse have to be added to an inherited family home? My wife and I were estranged for over a year (not living together) when my father passed and my sister and I inherited the home and property. The home was placed in a trust with me specified in the will as executor. I bought out my sister 9 months later which was 2 years estranged from my wife. The mortgage and deed was written as "unmarried man".

3 years later (5 years estranged), I signed a gas lease also written "unmarried man" as specified in the Deed. Would a gas lease be valid under these circumstances?


1 Answer

Answered on: 7/03/11, 7:40 am by Jules Fiani

Feel free to call me regarding this real estate and property question at 810-227-7200....over 30 years of experience in this area of the law.

Jules N. Fiani

Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani



Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani 4920 Chilson Road Howell, MI 48843

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search