Minnesota  |  Criminal Law

I missed my sentencing court date because the lady I met with for my PSI meeting informed me that until I schedule my chemical assessment evaluation and pay the fee and take my UA I wouldnt be able to preceed with sentencing- she submitted some written request for 30 day extension, and the court recieved her request, but never informed her or myself that they were going to preceed with the original senticing date regardless of the fact that I was in the process of scheduling my chemical assessment, I even specifically asked at my psi meeting if I needed to call the Court or lawyer to infirm them, and she said that she had to make the request and that I needed to complete my chemical assessment before sentencing could happen-

Therefore, I was mislead about not having to go to court so will I be held responsible for their lack of communication?

Answered on: 8/22/13, 8:50 pm by Thomas C. Gallagher

You should discuss this question with your lawyer. It would be a good idea to discuss with the P.O. what you now can do, at this point, to get back on track - then do it quickly. Don't worry about assigning blame. Just get it done ASAP. And work with your lawyer on it.

Gallagher Criminal Defense Services 310 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 8000 Minneapolis, MN 55415

Answered on: 8/23/13, 6:23 am by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. If you do not have an attorney, you should confer with one right away. It is critically important that all is resolved without delay. I suggest you try not to worry, and focus on getting this addressed through an attorney whose job it is to act in your best interest. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

TRICIA DWYER, ESQ.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

dwyer.tricia@gmail.com

http://dwyerlawfirm.net

CRIMINAL LAW

PROBATION LAW

CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY LEGAL ISSUES

MENTAL HEALTH LEGAL ISSUES

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404