Legal Question in Employment Law in Minnesota

Can your employer change the conditions of your job (i.e. add an additional licensure) and fire you if you do not get it? They did not change my title or reclassify my job. They did not offer to grandfather me in.

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. This website provides general information and not provide legal advice. For legal advice for your personal issues, you need to contact a private attorney who will happy to help you with your issues. Since you stated you were fired, you should seek appropriate attorney assistance with no delay because matters are time urgent and you may forever lose certain rights by your delay. In general, in Minnesota, employment is 'at will' unless you have a contrary agreement with your employer. You should discuss your issues privately with an attorney who can then advise you. Any written substantiation to your issues and claims is quite helpful. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Phone: 612-296-9666

EMPLOYMENT LAW

WRONGFUL TERMINATION LAW

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms