Legal Question in Employment Law in Minnesota

I have a question on Employment Law.

I live in Oregon, but my company is based in MN.

I signed an employment contract which I am entitled to 2 months notice prior to termination.

My employer terminated me without cause, and said they were going to waive the 2 months notice and make the termination effective immediately.

Asked for my computer, and phone, said I could not contact clients or work on their behalf.

They are now telling me that instead of paying my 2 months in 1 payment, they are going to pay as if I was an employee, over the next 2 months.

I can include a copy of my employment agreement, in which the only mention of timeframe is that I am to be paid within 10 business days.

They also told me that during the "termination" period I have to still help them with any questions that they ask about clients etc.

Seems like this is not legal?

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I would need to speak with you at length and consider all of the documentation in order to assist you effectively. I urge you to seek legal counsel with no delay and you are welcome to phone me. In my experience, the earlier in an employment law / termination / wrongful termination / employee discipline or warning sort of issue that I may offer assistance and legal counsel the more positive the outcome is likely to be. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. at 612-296-9666. All the best.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms