Legal Question in Traffic Law in Minnesota

i am a private towing company in the city of minneapolis. i received an emergency service call for a tire that fell off a p.u. truck. the truck was in the west bound 394 h.o.v. lane. the hispanic driver read a sign that said he was close to Hwy 100. the only way to get to him was to enter the h.o.v. lane near the dunwoody entrance to west bound 394. a 1/2 mile in, i was pulled over by a trooper for only have one person in the tow truck. the trooper followed me to hwy 100 at which point there was no truck. i called the driver, he walked in front of his truck and realized he was near hwy 101 which is several miles farther west. the trooper would not speak to the driver nor would he follow me to the new location to verify the truck was broke down. the trooper issued me a ticket for disobeying a traffice control sign (2 persons in a vehicle). the statute he cited does not specifically name a tow truck as an "emergency vehicle". it refers to police, fire, ambulance, or vehicles dispatched by authorized authorities. am i guilty of disobeying a traffic controll sign by entering the h.o.v. lane as a single driver responding to an emergency call???

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. First, you ought not post details of your private criminal issues on a public website. That said, I urge you to seek private attorney counsel with no delay. You are welcome to contact me for assistance in your defense. Know that generally: Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. All the best.

TRICIA DWYER, ESQ.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

dwyer.tricia@gmail.com

http://dwyerlawfirm.net

CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAW

TRAFFIC LAW

CONSTITUTIONAL LAW

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Minnesota