Minnesota  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/19/13, 9:09 am

My father passed away last year. Due to conflict with many of the heirs, an independent Personal Representative was appointed with supervision last December. Since that time, nothing has happened. The properties (land / houses) remains vacant and has not been maintained this entire time. One of the out buildings was also found to be unlocked. We don't believe insurance has been kept on these properties either. We have tried numerous times to contact her to no avail. This includes phone calls, emails, and even having another attorney request an accounting of the estate. A realtor had even contacted the PR regarding a buyer for one of the properties, but those calls and notes on the PR's door went unresponded and the buyer found a different property. We have no idea what has transpired. I know we can go to court to request a new PR, but what recourse do we have against the PR currently appointed. The PR took an oath and is not acting in the best interest of the estate.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search