Minnesota  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/25/13, 3:08 pm

my friend's mom just passed away a week ago. He wants to know how he can get into his mom's bank accounts and pay for the mortgage? She has $71,000 left on the home, they will not be selling the home, because he lives there as well.

How can he do this without having to hire an attorney? She did not leave a will. He would also have to close her bank account and get the money trnasferred to him, and cancel her car insurance and get her vehicle and the home in his name.

Is there a quicker/simpler way of doing this? Is it really going to take 7-9 months just to go through the probate courts, so he can get appointed administrator? Please help.

Thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search