Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

devorce/ child support

if a chid is born, and givin my last name, and mother and i divorce, but the child is questionably mine, will i be subject to child support? She claims a dna test has been done while i was away for mobilization for deployment to iraq. claims to have used somethin left in the house with my dna on it without permission and refuses to release the results for the sake of my feelings for the child. what do i do?

Mary Milek Milek Law Firm

Re: devorce/ child support

If you are married to the Mother of the child, then you are the presumed Father. You do however; have every right to ask for a proper DNA test. The story she is feeding you is a bunch of bull. I would caution you, that if you have taken on the responsibility and have actively been a part of this child’s life, a Judge may be very reluctant to let you off the hook.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi