Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/27/09, 1:51 pm

devorce/ child support

if a chid is born, and givin my last name, and mother and i divorce, but the child is questionably mine, will i be subject to child support? She claims a dna test has been done while i was away for mobilization for deployment to iraq. claims to have used somethin left in the house with my dna on it without permission and refuses to release the results for the sake of my feelings for the child. what do i do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/29/09, 6:20 pm by Mary Milek

Re: devorce/ child support

If you are married to the Mother of the child, then you are the presumed Father. You do however; have every right to ask for a proper DNA test. The story she is feeding you is a bunch of bull. I would caution you, that if you have taken on the responsibility and have actively been a part of this child’s life, a Judge may be very reluctant to let you off the hook.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Milek Law Firm PO Box 1144 Oxford, MS 38655-1144

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search