Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

I granted my parents temporary custody during a period of my incarceration. I am no longer incarcerated. I work, have a steady income, and feel that I am ready to regain custody. Do I have grounds to do this, and if so, what channels must I go through. Do my parents STILL have custody being that I am no longer incarcerated?

Asked on 12/08/11, 6:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The Court should return custody to a parent unless it has terminated the parent's rights for abuse, neglect, or abandonment.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/11, 7:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now