Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

Is it a law in mississippi (Hancock county ) that a divorced

Woman with kids can't have a live in boyfreind live with

Her ?

Asked on 6/18/13, 3:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Pursuant to Miss. Code Ann. 97-29-1, it is a misdemeanor for a man and a woman to "unlawfully cohabitate". Even though that statute is unconstitutional, your husband could bring the issue up in your domestic case and he may get an order prohibiting the boyfriend from spending the night.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now