Legal Question in Appeals and Writs in Missouri

Can an accused person be held in another state without bond and then be transferred to a federal detention center 100 miles away because the state pressing the charges will not pick the accused up? The accused was not charged until a week after the incident .

Asked on 9/09/13, 9:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. But a Writ of Habeus Corpis might gey them out on bond sooner.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 4:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Appeals and Writs questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now