Missouri  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/28/13, 4:15 am

I am currently on probation, my PO informed me that there where law changes and that I am now required to register as a sex offender because of the way my plea agreement was writen, that case was 12 yrs ago, and I plead guilty to 3rd degree assault, I need to know what my options are, because my PO said I have 3 days to register or they would issue a warrant, and I'm pretty sure that would violate my probation, but I think that since the law changed after the case was closed I shouldn't have to, I'm going to talk to the sheriff to try to keep from having to register, and I'm going to get a petition for expungement, I think I'll need a lawyer, but I still need to know what else I can do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search