Legal Question in DUI Law in Missouri

how can i let a probation officer know that i have no job and wont be able to pay an intake fee.

Asked on 9/28/09, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The best way is to have your attorney explain your financial situation (with documentation) to the probation officer.This will not guarantee that you the PO will not violate you. If your financial situation prevents you from having an attorney represent you, then the next best way is to approach your PO long before you are due to make the payment. Have documentation, that shows what money you have coming in and going out. If they see that everything you claim about be unable (as opposed to unwilling) to pay the intake fee, they might not violate you. If the crime thta put you in probation is a nonviolent one, then they might be less likely to violate you, as long as you are keeping them informed.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/28/09, 4:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now