Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My sons father passed away and now that my son is entitled to money his grandmother and cousin are trying to say that they are his guardian and trustee over him. I am unsure how this works. My son lives with me his mother and I take care of all his needs.

Asked on 9/02/11, 1:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there is a trust, the grandmother and uncle might be the trustees. But, it is very unlikely that either of them could be your Son's guardian without your knowledge. Perhpas you need to see if an estate has been opened for his father.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/02/11, 10:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now