Missouri  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

I am living in a mobile unit that we have a verble lease that states we are under ayear contract. We have paid rent on time and have not broken any of the rules set. The landlord just stated after 7 months of renting the unit that it was just sold, and that we hate 30 days to vacate. What rights do we have in this situation?

Answered on: 2/09/10, 8:12 am by Anthony DeWitt

very few. A verbal lease is not worth the paper it's written on (sorry, that's an old lawyer joke). The fact is that if the property has sold, and the lease is not written you could probably be evicted in as little as ten days. I would suggest you find another place. If you want to fight this, you could certainly see a local attorney, but my guess is that he would tell you pretty much the same thing.

Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC 715 Swifts Highway Jefferson City, MO 65109