Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

I was wondering if I paid all the taxes and did all the upkeep on a home/real estate that is a joint tenants in common with right of survivorship with my 3 siblings, if they can force me to sign a quit claim deed and give up my share or if the court decided to sell the home how the proceeds would be split and who would pay lawyer fees in Missouri?

Asked on 9/25/13, 1:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If property is owned in joint tenancy, one owner may charge the others for their contribution of what one owner pays. At the time of a sale, one owner may be compensated for valuable improvements made.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/28/13, 5:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now