Legal Question in Family Law in Nevada

Can a 15 year old girl be considered a run away if she goes to a family members house. My granddaughter no longer wishes to live with her Mother because of physical and emotional abuse

Asked on 10/30/09, 2:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jim Herbe Black & Lobello
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Thank you for your inquiry. A relative could have grounds to file Motions with the Family Court tor emergency custody as well as a potential guardianship. While there is no set age where children can state where they want to live, the older a child the more weight a Judge will give to their opinion.

If you'd like to discuss your legal options in more detail feel free to contact me directly.


Jim Herbe, Esq.

Black & Lobello


Read more
Answered on 11/04/09, 2:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now