Nevada  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/28/09, 11:23 pm

how old does a child have to be to choose which parent to live with? and can i ask the court permission to move child out of state?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/03/09, 11:22 am by Jim Herbe

Thank you for your inquiry.

Nevada does not have a bright line rule of when a child can determine which parent they wish to live with. However, many family law cases will involve child interviews where their opinions can be confidentially heard without pressure from parents. In order to move your child out of state you typically need primary custody of the child with an actual advantage to moving to the new locale.

Feel free to contact my office if you'd like to discuss your case further.


Jim Herbe


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Black & Lobello 10777 West Twain Avenue, Suite 300 Las Vegas, NV 89135

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search