Nevada  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/16/10, 3:43 pm

I have a pending DUI charge in the state of Nevada I now live in Wisconsin do I have to return to Nevada to appear in court ?

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/21/10, 6:33 pm by James Smith

Most tourists who get criminal and traffic charges while in Nevada simply hire an attorney who can waive their appearance and do everything in writing. Of course if there is a trial you would eventually have to come back to testify. I just did a DUI where my client lived in Canada and we did a plea bargain all in writing and I appeared for my client and he took an on line traffic course in Calgary, paid and fine and now the case is close. I charged him a flat fee and he was happy.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

James E. Smith Ltd. 7251 W. Lake Mead Blvd., Suite 300 Las Vegas, NV 89128

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search