Nevada  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/04/13, 8:47 am

Me and my wife have been married for 3 years now. We got married in south korea in a united states embassy, we also have 2 kids. We never turned our marriage cert. Into any courts or nething in the u.s yet but I wnt a divorce and full custody because she talks about cutting herself all the time. Please help on how we can get a divorce

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/04/13, 10:38 am by Marshal Willick

Presuming that the marriage itself was legitimate and lawful under the place where it was conducted, it will automatically be recognized as such by the American courts.

If you have decided that divorce, rather than seeking mental help for your spouse, is the route you wish to follow, and you are in Nevada, and have been so for more than 6 weeks, you can file for divorce at any time.

Obviously, there is a lot more to look at and consider, relating to the kids, especially. First, see:

Those should tell you a lot; the primary new case on modification of custody is Rivero, which is posted on the child custody page.

Obviously, all of the factual history is important, so after you do your research, you should have as thorough a review of the options available to you as possible, by a family law specialist. If you are interested in scheduling such, please see, which will explain what we do and how we do it.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Willick Law Group 3591 East Bonanza Road, Ste. 200 Las Vegas, NV 89110-2101

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search