Legal Question in Employment Law in Nevada

I work as a caregiver and usually work 12 hour shifts and don't reside in the clients home. Can someone please tell me if caregivers are required to be paid overtime in Nevada if they work over 8 hours in a 24 hour period?

And what about travel time? There's several time I've been scheduled to work with a client for a couple of hours then work in the office, but I've always had to clock out when leaving the client and clock back in when I get to the office.

Leon Greenberg Leon Greenberg Professional Corporation

PLEASE CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS YOUR SITUATION! Under Nevada law home health attendants who work for private agencies (as it sounds like you do) ARE entitled to overtime pay. This is a major issue for Nevada workers in this industry that I have actively been seeking to investigate. You can visit my website overtimelaw.com for information about my law practice. Speak with me without cost, confidentially, and without obligation. Leon Greenberg 1-800-257-4841. Thank you.

John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.

You should visit the office of the labor commissioner. Go in person. The address is 555 E. Washington Ave., Ste. 4100, Las Vegas, NV. They should be able to assist you free of charge.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Nevada

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms