Legal Question in Employment Law in Nevada

I work as a caregiver and usually work 12 hour shifts and don't reside in the clients home. Can someone please tell me if caregivers are required to be paid overtime in Nevada if they work over 8 hours in a 24 hour period?

And what about travel time? There's several time I've been scheduled to work with a client for a couple of hours then work in the office, but I've always had to clock out when leaving the client and clock back in when I get to the office.

Asked on 5/18/13, 8:27 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Leon Greenberg Leon Greenberg Professional Corporation
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

PLEASE CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS YOUR SITUATION! Under Nevada law home health attendants who work for private agencies (as it sounds like you do) ARE entitled to overtime pay. This is a major issue for Nevada workers in this industry that I have actively been seeking to investigate. You can visit my website for information about my law practice. Speak with me without cost, confidentially, and without obligation. Leon Greenberg 1-800-257-4841. Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 1:20 pm
John Courtney John Peter Lee, Ltd.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should visit the office of the labor commissioner. Go in person. The address is 555 E. Washington Ave., Ste. 4100, Las Vegas, NV. They should be able to assist you free of charge.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 11:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now