Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Nevada

I am studying law in Nevada and my dad who is a real estate agent has been working with the same broker for over 4 years at a set rate fee in a contract. Recently the broker has been charging more than the normal fee and has told my father that he may or may not even get a commission out of this big real estate deal. The man has done the same amount of work that is required and some. If you have a set contracted agreement with the broker and he or she decided not to pay the due commission to the agent is that crime of theft, and could one sue for lost commission or peruse legal action against this person?

Joel Selik www.SelikLaw.com

The police would probably not prosecute but it would warrant a lawsuit for the commissions and possibly other amounts for the intentional action.

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Nevada