New Jersey  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/07/05, 12:31 pm

Harassment NJS 2C:33-4

I board horses on my farm. A boarder began verball harassing other boarders and myself. After several complaints I spoke to him about his behavior. When it persisted after warning I phoned police during an incident and terminated his stay as per our agreement with 1 month notice.

I had to phone police a second time when he was removing horses due to abusive language and threats. He filed harrasment complaint stating gras cause that I phoned police, town filled out complaint as such and served me, I must appeear in court.

Grounds for harassment are that I phoned police.

Is this valid, citizen can receive criminal charge for phoning police? In addition police report states he was not allowed back on property(after 1st incident) without contacting police and them being present. He disobeyed order which is why I had to call police.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search