Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

I am a citizen of the US. I have an underaged son who is a 10 year green card holder but he does not live in America he lives in Georgia. Can I apply for citizenship for my son in Georgia without taking him to America

Asked on 8/19/13, 11:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on how old the child is now. Also, I would need to know if you were married to the mother at the time of his birth, what your immigration status was at the time of his birth, what the mother's immigration status was at the time of his birth, & if you ever lived with the child (& if so, for how long).

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 4:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now