New Jersey  |  Real Estate Law

During Hurricane Sandy, my neighbor's tree snapped and it is "hanging" over into my yard leaning into a significantly smaller tree and hanging over a fence with another neighbor's yard. The trunk is in my yard. I am afrain since it is "hung up" in another tree and fence that some further damage may be forthcoming. Is it solely my responsibility to pay to have this removed even though the tree spans 3 different properties and originated in only one, and will I be held responsible if further damage ensues?

My homeowner's does not pay for tree removal and FEMA has been sending me on a wild goose chase.

Answered on: 11/16/12, 6:50 pm by Savyon Grant

You should really have a lawyer review your policy. Your insurance may cover wind damage.

The tree maybe related to wind damage. There are many different sections in your policy where you may actually have coverage.

Law Office of Savy Grant 530 SYLVAN AVE Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632